Monday, April 30, 2012
Cast your mind back to January if you will. Head full of steamy CES action? Of course, but you may also remember Google teased us about a new tilt-and-roll Maps game. Well, it looks like the creators may have missed the original February deadline, having finally snuck it out this week. The browser-based game is a series of maze challenges, that'll take you through the streets of San Francisco, downtown Tokyo and beyond. All atop Google's iconic 3D textured maps, naturally. Eight levels in total are on offer, making it an ideal lunchtime -- or if the boss is away -- afternoon time kill. Roll down to the source link below to give it a spin, nudge and roll.Permalink | | Email this | Comments
Sunday, April 29, 2012
It only makes sense that the Google TV initiative to increase personalization would extend to videos served up from its YouTube site, and now the official app has been updated to do just that. The new version brings recommendations meant to pull gems you might like out of the ever growing pile of content available, as well as a way to search between the new YouTube channels on your TV. Also users should notice improved video quality since the app will automatically try to play content at the best available resolution from the start, and if they find something interesting, it now supports +1 sharing to Google+. The new app is already live on Google Play, compatible devices should be pointed that way for the new experience.Permalink | | Email this | Comments
Twitter for Android has a small update in the Google Play store this evening, bringing it to version 3.2.1. The change log is short -- crashes for users that use the app in Dutch, Finnish, and Hungarian have been fixed, and the Indonesian language has been added. Grab the update from the Google Play store or hit the link after the break.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Welcome to THG's Week in Review! Below, our staffers look back at the stories, stars and scandals that made the last seven days some of the craziest ALL MONTH.
Now, a rundown of the week that was at The Hollywood Gossip:
- Giuliana and Bill Rancic are expecting their first child, via a surrogate.
- Karla Vanessa Perez, a Mexican woman, is apparently expecting nine.
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley are adopting their second baby.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar is pregnant with her second as well.
- Megan Fox is currently pregnant with her first child, too!
- Nadya Suleman, meanwhile, cannot take care of hers.
- Do you think Octomom's kids should be taken away?
- Should Ian Somerhalder star in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie?
- Either way, Ellen DeGeneres read it aloud on her show (above).
- Adam Lambert called out the gay community as "catty."
- The pregnant man Thomas Beatie and his wife split.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis are (maybe) a thing.
- The John Edwards trial is an insane thing.
- Justin Bieber apparently has a name for his unit. It's Jerry.
- Katy Perry may have a new boyfriend in Robert Ackroyd.
- Rihanna may have a new girlfriend in Melissa Forde.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are going strong.
- Chris Brown and Karrueche Tran are hot and heavy.
- Jenelle Evans and Kieffer Delp may be back on.
- MTV released the first Snooki & JWoww spinoff trailer. It's quite absurd.
- Lane Garrison was charged with domestic violence after fighting his ex.
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey premiere earned record ratings.
- Sheree Whitfield got the ax from The Real Housewives of Atlanta.
- Rosie O'Donnell really does not like Lindsay Lohan.
- Are Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie at war?
- The Bachelorette spoilers (and promos, above) are already surfacing!
- Beyonce was named the World's Most Beautiful Woman by People.
- A pair of new Breaking Dawn photos were released by Summit.
- Carlina Duran, Miss Dominican Republic, was stripped of her title.
- Wiz Khalifa was arrested for marijuana possession ... big surprise.
- Jimmy Fallon had President Obama slow jam the news (below).
What was the highlight of the week for you? Did we leave anything out?